In 1907, Considine leased the Coliseum on the southeast corner of 3rd Avenue and James Street. The theatre had initially been built as a skating rink, but Considine remodeled it into the largest theatre west of Chicago, seating 2,600 patrons (Elliot 55). The structure itself was notable for its steep mansard roof, and initially bore the name "Coliseum" painted in large font under the roofbeams along its side. The Coliseum would that year change its name to the Orpheum Theatre, thus becoming one of seven theatrical venues (the Moore Theatre included) to bear that name in Seattle between the years of 1885 and 1927.
By 1911, the Coliseum Theatre was demolished. It is important to note that Considine's Coliseum bears no connection to the Coliseum Theatre, a Seattle Historic Landmark, which was designed by Seattle Architect B. Marcus Priteca, built on the corner of Northeast 5th Avenue and Pike Street in 1915, and the first theatre in the world built exclusively to screen films.